- Table of Contents?
- Russian Threat Perceptions and Security Policies: Soviet Shadows and Contemporary Challenges.
- Praeger Security International Series.
- Developing a Safety and Health Program, Second Edition.
- Table of Contents?
- APCSS Library CCM Collection | Daniel K. Inouye Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies.
His intelligence-related publications address aspects of the U. Intelligence Community as well as a wide variety of other intelligence topics.
Christopher Bassford: Policy, Politics, War, and Military Strategy
John is a member of the editorial advisory board of the International Journal of Intelligence and CounterIntelligence. He received a B.
Gentry and Joseph S. Gordon update our understanding of strategic warning intelligence analysis for the twenty-first century. Strategic warning—the process of long-range analysis to alert senior leaders to trending threats and opportunities that require action—is a critical intelligence function.
- Congenital Malformations: Evidence-Based Evaluation and Management.
- Praeger Security International series (Page 14) - gyqacyxaja.cf;
- Paradoxes Regained.
- Poverty Oriented Agricultural and Rural Development (Routledge Studies in Development and Society)!
- Structural vibration: analysis and damping.
It also is frequently misunderstood and underappreciated. Gentry and Gordon draw on both their practitioner and academic backgrounds to present a history of the strategic warning function in the US intelligence community. In doing so, they outline the capabilities of analytic methods, explain why strategic warning analysis is so hard, and discuss the special challenges strategic warning encounters from senior decision-makers.
They also compare how strategic warning functions in other countries, evaluate why the United States has in recent years emphasized current intelligence instead of strategic warning, and recommend warning-related structural and procedural improvements in the US intelligence community. The authors examine historical case studies, including postmortems of warning failures, to provide examples of the analytic points they make.
Columbia University. Make an impact by donating directly to the center.
Perils of the Gray Zone: Paradigms Lost, Paradoxes Regained
Skip to content. Breadcrumb Home Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies. Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies Educating the next generation of security analysts. See faculty affiliates.