Tunnel engineering is one of the oldest, most interesting but also challenging engineering disciplines and demands not only theoretical knowledge but also practical experience in geology, geomechanics, structural design, concrete construction, machine technology, construction process technology and construction management. The two-volume "Handbuch des Tunnel- und Stollenbaus" has been the standard reference for German-speaking tunnellers in theory and practice for 30 years. The new English edition is based on a revised and adapted version of the third German edition and reflects the latest state of knowledge.
- Handbook of Tunnel Engineering I: Structures and Methods.
- The Lost Tudor Princess: A Life of Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox!
- The European Unions Roles in International Politics: Concepts and Analysis.
- Love in a Green Shade: Idyllic Romances Ancient to Modern.
- Contemporary Theatre, Film & Television: A Biographical Guide Featuring Performers, Directors, Writers, Producers, Designers, Managers, Choreographers, ... ; Volume 77.
- Handbook of Tunnel Engineering.
- Handbook of Tunnel Engineering?
The book is published in two volumes, with the first being devoted to more practical themes of construction and construction process in drill and blast and mechanised tunnelling. Microtunnelling and ventilation are also dealt with. All chapters include practical examples.
ISBN 13: 9783433030486
Forewordtothe 1st German edition 1 Introduction. Support methods and materials. Shotcrete tunnelling. Tunnelling is one of the most interesting but also most challenging tasks for engineers.
The two-volume handbook covers the latest state of the associated fields such as geomechanics, structural design, machine and construction process technology and construction management. KG, Munich and Duisburg.
- Speaking of Michelangelo?
- Memorable Quotations: Psychologists of the Past!
- Top Authors.
- Between insight and judgment: Kants conception of genius and its fate in early Schelling.
- Handbook of Tunnel Engineering II: Basics and Additional Services for Design and Construction?
- Maran Illustrated Computers Guided Tour.
- Teaching English Language Learners through Technology (Teaching English Language Learners Across the Curriculum).
KG, Munich and Duisburg as well as an officially appointed and sworn expert in tunnelling and microtunnelling. Markus Thewes holds the Chair of Tunneling and Construction Management at the Ruhr University, Bochum and is active in national and international associations.
Markus Thewes (Author of Handbook of Tunnel Engineering, Volume I)
The contributions published in Geomechanics and Tunnelling deal with tunnelling, rock engineering and applications of rock and soil mechanics as well as engineering geology in practice. I and Vol. Share per e-mail Tweet Share on Facebook.
Product details About the book Table of contents. Description Tunnelling is one of the most interesting but also most challenging tasks for engineers.