- A Primer on Postmodernism.
- PDF The It Doesn't Matter Suit and Other Stories (Faber Children's Classics Book 16) Free Books.
- Sanctions and Dominion: An Economic Commentary on Numbers.
- ‘Based on a true story’: the fine line between fact and fiction.
- Shop by category!
- Equity and Efficiency Considerations of Public Higher Education (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems);
- Kerry Hudson: ‘Yes, this is “made up” but this is also the most truthful thing I have to give you’.
I paid a lot of money for my book, and thought the story and illustrations lacking. January 9, - Published on Amazon. Surprisingly, Sylvia Plath, generally known as "that talented, unhappy poet who killed herself," produced this thoroughly charming, whimsical children's tale. The manuscript lay neglected and forgotten among the author's papers for decades and was first published 33 years after her death.
At first glance, the book appears to be a retelling of an old German or Scandinavian tale, but it is actually a completely original work. Many, many details of the story - the names of the characters Emil, Otto, Hugo, Johann, etc.
More than simply a literary curiosity, The It-Doesn't-Matter Suit is a delightful surprise, sweet without sentimentality, and revealing a side of Plath that has rarely been seen before. March 25, - Published on Amazon. I agree with the previous reviewer. This is a charming story. It has a wonderful, compelling rhythm, as various members of a family try on the suit.
Plath reviewed children's books for the New Statesman and acquired quite a collection of books for her own children. Fast shipping form our UK warehouse in eco-friendly packaging.
The It Doesn't Matter Suit and Other Stories (Faber Children's Classics)
Fast, efficient and friendly customer service. Seller Inventory N. More information about this seller Contact this seller. New copy - Usually dispatched within 2 working days. Seller Inventory B Language: English. Brand new Book.
A timeless collection of stories for younger children. In the eponymous The It-Doesn't-Matter Suit, little Max Nix is on a quest to find the perfect suit he can go ice-fishing, cow-milking and town-walking in. Seller Inventory AA Seller Inventory Seller Inventory mon Book Description Faber and Faber, New Book. Shipped from UK. Established seller since Seller Inventory F Yes, sometimes, Sylvia Plath is suitable for young children and can cheer up those of us struggling with the adulting. Who would have thunk it.
Plath and her children Frieda and Nick.
- The It-Doesn't-Matter Suit: Sylvia Plath's Little-Known, Lovely Children's Book | Brain Pickings.
- MCITP: Microsoft Windows Vista Desktop Support Consumer Study Guide: Exam 70-623;
- Sovereignty: Organized Hypocrisy.
- Featured Titles?
- Solitons in Optical Fibers: Fundamentals and Applications;
Nick committed suicide in at the age of Like Liked by 1 person. I think you can get this one in a lot of shops now — certainly big chains will order it in, and I think I got mine from ebay!
- About the Book!
- The Erotics of Instruction.
- Getting Played: African American Girls, Urban Inequality, and Gendered Violence (New Perspectives in Crime, Deviance, and Law).
- Account Options.
- The modernisation of EC antitrust law.
Like Like. Ps and thank you for your last point. I like to think, having read her work for children, that underneath it all she could in some moments access a gloriously childlike and happy side.
The It-Doesn't-Matter-Suit and Other Stories – The Last Word Bks
I guess all of her work is linked by her phenomenal imagination. This did indeed make me go What? It is phenomenal reading this alongside some of her poems. Almost incongruous — but then us humans always are! I really need to get my hands on this one! It is a wonderful thing kids can do to a person. I personally know people who are clinically depressed but derive great energy from being around children. Goodness I love the poems for her children. The language is so mesmerising.