Nuclear Fusion : Half a Century of Magnetic Confinement Fusion Research
It provides an introduction to both plasma physics and fusion technology at a level that can be understood by advanced undergraduates and graduate students in the physical sciences and related engineering disciplines. As such, the contents cover various plasma confinement concepts, the support technologies needed to confine the plasma, and the designs of ITER as well as future fusion reactors.
With end of chapter problems for use in courses. Reviews "It is, however, a good introduction to the field, especially for advanced students in engineering sciences.
Fusion: An Introduction to the Physics and Technology of Magnetic Confinement Fusion | FuseNet
Author Bios Weston M. His career spans more than 40 years of research and teaching in nuclear reactor physics, fusion plasma physics and fusion and fission reactor conceptual design. He is the recipient of several prizes, among them the American Nuclear Society Seaborg Medal for Nuclear Research and the Wigner Reactor Physics Award, and the author of six previous books and numerous research papers. Free Access. He is the recipient of several prizes, among them the American Nuclear Society Seaborg Medal for Nuclear Research and the Wigner Reactor Physics Award, and the author of six previous books and numerous research papers.
Introduction 2. Basic Properties 3. Equilibrium and Transport 4. Confinement 5. Plasma Heating and Current Drive 6.
Plasma-Wall Interaction 7. Magnetics 8. Transient Electromagnetics 9. Advanced Search.
Fusion - Introduction to the Physics and Technology of Magnetic Confinement Fusion (Hardcover)
Select an Action. Fusion : an introduction to the physics and technology of magnetic confinement fusion.
- Plasma Science and Technology - Resources - References.
- Kairos Preaching: Speaking Gospel to the Situation;
- Agrobiodiversity Management for Food Security: A Critical Review.
- Multiple Stars Across the H-R Diagram: Proceedings of the ESO Workshop held in Garching, Germany, 12-15 July 2005?
- An Introduction to Nineteenth-Century Art!
Personal Author:. Stacey, Weston M.
Publication Information:. Physical Description:.
Subject Term:. Controlled fusion. Fusion reactors.
- Looking for other ways to read this?.
- An Introduction to Inertial Confinement Fusion - CRC Press Book!
- A World-Class Education: Learning from International Models of Excellence and Innovation;
- Get in touch with Fusenet now!!
- The Art of Wireless Sensor Networks: Volume 2: Advanced Topics and Applications.
- Sanctions and Dominion: An Economic Commentary on Numbers?
Fusion reactors -- Problems, exercises, etc.