New Releases. Description Among the different understandings of the Spirit in the New Testament, Paul's Spirit language stands out for being at once dynamic and sometimes impersonal inviting comparison with the Stoic notion of spirit pneuma as a substance.
The Holy Spirit and Christian Formation
Volker Rabens reexamines Paul's statements about the Spirit in the widest possible contexts and argues that the alleged parallels with Stoic conceptions are at best ambiguous. Paul understands the work of the Spirit relationally, Rabens argues, and it is through intimate relationships that the Spirit transforms and empowers people's lives.
- The Heart of Counseling: Counseling Skills through Therapeutic Relationships!
- Blog Archive.
- The Holy Spirit and Ethics in Paul : Transformation and Empowering for Religious-Ethical Life.
- The Death in the Trenches: Grant at Petersburg.
- Ethics and Philo;
Rating details. Book ratings by Goodreads.
Pablo Gadenz - Google Scholar Citations
Welcome to Christianbook. Sign in or create an account. Search by title, catalog stock , author, isbn, etc. By: Volker Rabens.
- The Holy Spirit and Ethics in Paul : Volker Rabens : .
- The Social Interpretation of the French Revolution;
- Product Information!
- Tyndale Bulletin Articles: .
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum Publications: Volker Rabens, Dr. | gyqacyxaja.cf.
- Liberty, Rationality, and Agency in Hobbess Leviathan.
Wishlist Wishlist. Write a Review.
ISBN 13: 9781451472202
Advanced Search Links. Product Close-up This product is not available for expedited shipping. Outstanding scholarship, the product of a keen mind, assiduous research, and a passion for getting pneumatology right. Rabens makes a significant contribution to a hot debate, tracing Paul's understanding of the relational self. This is a fine book, well worthy of this second edition.
His exegetical explorations of the Pauline texts show a large familiarity with Pauline Theology as well as with its religio-historical context and with contemporary research on Paul. The interplay of theological awareness and careful exegeses makes this book a landmark contribution to research in Pauline pneumatology and ethics. Review in Review of Biblical Literature.